Sunday, May 23, 2010
Top five movies
After three weeks of turmoil and controversies, Mollywood Box office finally landed back to peace with the release of a few movies on the 6th of this month. All the fresh releases have succeeded in bringing back the viewers to theaters. The top five movies of the week are listed below:
1. Pokkiri Raja - This double bonanza offer featuring Mammootty and Prithviraj in equally important roles, has been taken up with good spirits by the audience. The stylish, loud and colourful movie from debutant Vysakh with plenty of mass masala ingredients is said to have found success mainly due to its balanced placement of heroism of the two big heroes, though in out of proportions. The movie has already raked in a share of 3.64 crores from its two weeks run. The movie continues with seventy-eighty percent collections in almost all centers, while the metros still register a hundred percent collections.
2. Katha Thudarum - The Sathyan Anthikkad movie as usual went by a slow start, but by the week two shows signs of picking up with good number of families coming up to support their family director. The first weekend had the producer share of 1.26 crores, while the second weekend is also expected to repeat the same in collections. The movie passes on with a 60-70 percent collections and is expected to break even with this week.
3. Pappy Appacha - As the movie is nearing fifty days, this Dileep- Kavya starrer fares better than any of the recent Dileep movies. It has already managed to break even and is on the way of becoming a super hit. The colourful songs and the camaraderie of the lead pair has worked in favour of this movie by debutant Mamas. The movie is continuing in 26 centres in its sixth week.
4. In Ghost House Inn - Director Lal's sequel to ‘Harihar Nagar’ is faring well even during the rainy season. The movie continues in metros and towns with satisfying collections. Though not a big hit in the magnitude of the previous two, this movie already declared as a hit is entering sixty five days in 11centres.
5. Alexander, The Great - Mohanlal's summer offering is the weakest in terms of collections and reviews. The movie may find it hard to find the capital spent on it.
With no big movies scheduled for the next two weeks, the box office toppers list will not be of much change for at least next two weeks. Meanwhile, Jeethu Joseph's ‘Mummy And Me’ has made an average opening yesterday, which may find a place in charts by next week.